Wednesday 20 September 2017

The Great Singapore Loop - Around the island solo, unsupported and barefoot.

Sorry for not posting for some time! I am still been barefoot running and have also just done a 50k trail race in VFF's. Actually the race was cut at 21k because of a thunderstorm, so not happy about that because I put in lots of training into it.

Anyway, for some time I have wanted to a multi day running exPEDItion around Singapore. Because its an island, and so safe, you can run do some great long runs looping around this city-state. And the roads and pavements are always in good shape, the parks are really great and there are plenty of food and drink options close at hand.

Next week suddenly loomed free, and I was getting grumpy, just waiting for our annual holiday to our place in South Carolina to begin, so I thought, let's do this!

So the plan is to run anti-clockwise around Singapore sticking as close to the coast as feasibly possible. This comes to about 170km assuming everything goes according to plan, and I have given myself 5 days to do it.

Ideally I would like to do in 4 days with the first 3 days of 50k and last day of 20k but not even totally sure if I will be able to do this. Its pretty far outside my comfort zone as its solo, unsupported and barefoot. And I have run less than 50% of the route before, mainly because those areas suck for running (highways, industrial, traffic etc).

As far as I know, no-one has done this running but luckily I could use cycling Heat Maps and a pro cyclist friend to help fill in the gaps.

FYI, here are my planned daily routes.




No comments:

Post a Comment